You know you need a job, but, err, that’s about as far as you’ve gotten in your job search. It can be daunting to begin the process, especially if you’re not sure where to start looking or even what you’re looking for.
Believe it or not, you’re already in the first phase of finding the perfect job for you. It all begins with voicing the questions that have been floating in your head, then finding the answers. And at this stage, the more questions you have, the more details in your career path will begin to form.
To get started, try answering any to all of these questions:
- What do my past jobs have in common?
- What skills have I acquired from my past jobs and education?
- What am I interested in doing? What would I need to do to make that happen?
- How far am I willing to travel or commute for work?
- What level of pay do I need to earn? What would I like to earn?
- What are some of the biggest industries in the area I live in?
- Who do I know in the field I’ve worked/studied in?
As you can see, your career path is already starting to take shape just by discovering your own preferences and abilities. And to help connect the dots further, as well as keep you motivated, we’ll be sharing daily tips and offering opportunities to win big prizes. How big? Well, this week’s is somewhat small…it’s an iPad mini!
So get your job search moving, discover what you want in a job and pick up some great prizes and information along the way. Your dream job is closer than you think.