If you’ve used CareerBuilder.com in the past few months, you’ve probably seen a few changes to our website. Our development team has been working diligently to test out new functionality and improve the overall experience for job seekers.
Overall, the purpose of these changes has given our page a more modernized look and feel, an uncluttered user interface, no required fields and easier editing capabilities.
Here are details on a few more site updates:
Improved search results page
The search results page has been updated for a cleaner look. The left-hand column navigation allows you to sort by:
- Job posted date
- Company – if you are looking for a specific company that you’ve heard great things about
- City – you may have used your city in the search but can sort by others that are geographically close
- Categories – if you want to drill down into a more specific functional area such as management or sales
- Exclude – this is where you can pull out jobs that have been posted nationally or regionally, jobs without salary information included or any non-traditional jobs
One of the main improvements of our new résumé upload process is that we are no longer asking job seekers to re-enter their data with each application and résumé upload. This means more time can be spent on searching and applying. We’ve reduced the number of steps to upload your résumé by half and have reduced the required fields by one-third. So we’re taking less of your time to get you in front of employers.
Other improvements include:
- New easy overview of the page for review and editing
- No required fields and a reduced number of information fields and sections to complete
- Faster editing and changing of records/data
In addition to excluding jobs, job seekers can “thumbs up” or “thumbs down” jobs in their search results based on job type and company name. These preferences are saved and are reflected on all future searches, meaning that if you mark a company as one you never want to see again – you won’t. These preferences can be changed at any time by visiting the “My CareerBuilder” section once you are logged in.
Give us your feedback
If you haven’t been to CareerBuilder.com in a while, take a moment to visit the site today and update your résumé — or add a new one — and check out our new functionality. If you have additional feedback on our site and want to weigh in, use our feedback form, which is found on the site in the bottom, right-hand corner of the screen: