That’s right; thank God it’s Tuesday. The dreaded “Manic Monday” came and went and you’re one day closer to “Hump Day.” But, according to new survey, you aren’t focused on the day of the week; on Tuesday, you’re focused on your work.
Tuesday is the most productive day of the week for employees, according to 57 percent of executives surveyed in a national poll conducted by Accountemps. Monday is the second most popular day, although not close in numbers: Only 12 percent of respondents ranked Monday as productive, compared to 26 percent in a 2002 survey.
The rest of the days ranked like so:
- Wednesday: 11%
- Thursday: 11%
- Friday: 3%
- Don’t know: 6%
Stay productive throughout the week by following these tips from Accountemps:
- Make a plan. Each day, make a to-do list, prioritizing your most important tasks.
- Focus. You’ll be more productive if you work in the same state of mind, as opposed to changing gears frequently. Try to work on similar tasks in the same time frame to keep your attention.
- Limit distractions. Though it’s tempting to read every new e-mail that comes through your inbox at the exact moment it does, it’s best to check your inbox periodically throughout the day.
- Don’t delay. Don’t put off big or unpleasant projects until the last minute. Get them done and out of the way; if possible, break the project into smaller tasks.
- Recharge. Everyone’s alotted breaks during their work day; make sure you’re utilizing yours to help replenish your energy and fight fatigue.
Now get back to work!