It can be very challenging to find the right job, whether it’s a first job, new job or career change.
But as we’ve been saying, jobs ARE still out there.
And many of the people who are having success landing a job are “thinking out of the box” and taking creative or unconventional approaches to their job search.
Their idea? They’ve asked some of their fans who are seeking jobs to submit resumes to the team. In return, the team will:
- Give away up to 1,500 free tickets to the game to the fans who submit resumes, and;
- More importantly, they’ll use the power of the Nets team network and forward those resumes to sponsors, partners, and companies that hold season tickets.
In this environment, it’s really important to have the best resume possible, and to make sure that it’s ready to go when opportunities like this appear.
As recent CareerBuilder.com surveys point out, the information in your resume is a crucial part of your job search.
- It should be peppered with keywords that underscore your accomplishments and present them to the reader in a very focused way.
- It should be a work of non-fiction!
- And it needs to be grammatically correct, too – no spelling errors!
And CareerBuilder.com offers a resource to help job seekers do all of that. Check out our CBResume service, where we pair job seekers with expert resume writers to develop a great resume.
We also have a new feature for our online CareerBuilder.com resumes called “Snap Shots”.
These are eye-catching eyecons – err, icons – that will be visible on your resume. These icons let employers and recruiters see at a glance information about your skills and qualifications, as well as other information you might want to share. Check it out!