Looking for a new job search tool? We’ve got just the thing.
From the editors at CareerBuilder – including TheWorkBuzz writers Anthony, Rachel and yours truly – comes CAREER BUILDING: Your Total Handbook for Finding a Job and Making it Work, a no-nonsense handbook that tells workers of all ages and all stages of their careers everything you need to know about landing a great job and navigating through the workplace.
Expanding on CareerBuilder’s most popular articles, CAREER BUILDING is filled with insightful statistics and advice from top experts on making yourself indispensable as a candidate or employee.
With U.S. employment in turmoil and millions of people looking for jobs, this new book couldn’t have come at a better time. CAREER BUILDING offers expert tips for job-searching in a bad economy, including:
- What to do after a layoff
- How to look confident (even if you have to fake it)
- How to make yourself relevant to a variety of employers
- How to make a bad job work for you (when need be)
CAREER BUILDING also offers tough love for all workers, including:
- Extensive job searching tips
- Questions you should ask the boss
- Meeting etiquette
- Using, not abusing, technology
- Things not to say at work
- Preparing for a performance review