Want a job? Your resume better shine!
A recent survey by CareerBuilder.com found that 27 percent of human resource managers receive more than 50 resumes for each open position. With such stiff competition, your resume needs to be flawless, persuasive and customized to a particular position in order to stand out in the crowd.
The perfect resume
Here are the top resume essentials that HR managers said they take into account:
- Relevant experience
- That you’ve taken the time to customize your resume for a specific position
HR managers search for certain words when screening resumes. Here are some top-searched keywords:
- Problem-solving / decision-making
- Oral / written communications
- Team building
- Performance and productivity improvement
Top resume mistakes
Here’s a list of resume errors that makes HR managers cringe (and then toss your application in the trash):
- Misspelled words
- Resumes not customized to the position
- Including too many insignificant details on job responsibilities
- Resumes that are more than two pages long
Need more help?