“Can We Have Bikini Fridays?” And Other Strange Requests…
Thankfully, for everyone in my office, one of my co-workers did not request to institute bikini Fridays — but someone else did. And that’s not even the weirdest thing!
In a new survey by CareerBuilder, hiring managers shared the most memorable requests or recommendations they have received in the office suggestion box.
We had to censor them a little bit, but here are a few that had us in stitches:
- Request to allow people to change clothes in their cubicles.
- Request to add a tanning bed to the break room.
- Request to put beer in the vending machine.
- Request that jail time be covered under family medical leave.
- Request to institute bikini Fridays.
- Request to only be required to work during daylight hours because employee is scared of the dark.
- Request for a special smoking area for medical marijuana.
- Request that the HR person wear nicer shoes.
- Request for more time off to pursue side business as a clown.
- Request to replace his desk with a futon so employee could lay down and work.
- Request that the lactation room with gliding chair be used for naps, so everyone can use it.
- Request to install a swimming pool for employees to use.
- Request to have the team meeting to be held in Hawaii.
Have you ever made or received a strange suggestion in the inbox? Share them with us!