Were you shocked when you saw your walls full of pencil scribbles? Of course, the first thing that comes to your mind is that your child did it. Second, you are thinking about how to erase them.
The pencil marks from any type of pencils on the walls will not be removed by just rubbing a wet cloth with soap. On the other hand, some materials can erase them. In this article, we would like to share these tips on how to remove pencil marks from walls.
5 Ways on How to Erase Pencils from Walls
The materials that you need for these steps are easy to find. Some of them can even be found in your kitchen or toilet. Let us get started!
Using a Baking Soda
One of the cleaning agents that can best remove stains on any surfaces is baking soda. Besides, it is also used for baking.
Baking soda is also known as sodium bicarbonate, which is a salt that has sodium cation and a bicarbonate anion. It can remove pencil marks without damaging any surfaces. So, how to use it to erase pencil marks on walls.
Here are the steps:
- Take a clean wet cloth and dip it into baking soda.
- Apply the wet cloth with baking soda to the pencil marks. You need to follow the direction of the line of the pencil.
- Rub the cloth until the pencil marks are fading away.
- If there is a need for more baking soda, just dip it into baking soda again and repeat the process.
- Also, keep in mind not to saturate much of the cloth as it may cause damage to the paints of the wall.
Using Art Gum Eraser
Art gum eraser is often used by artists. It is soft and made of rubber. You can buy it in some artist supply stores or craft shops. Here is how you can use it to erase pencil marks on the wall:
- Rub the art gum eraser on the pencil marks.
- Apply it from one end of the pencil mark to the other to avoid smearing or staining the wall surface.
- If one area of your art gum eraser is already dirty, you may use the clean section of the area until the pencil marks are removed.
- You will notice that the pencil marks are erased effectively.
Using a Toothpaste
Toothpaste is also known as a cleaning agent like baking soda. It is a good cleanser because it is abrasive and can remove pencil marks on the wall. Here’s how:
- Apply the white toothpaste to the pencil marks on the wall.
- Leave it for a few minutes until it is soaked into the pencil marks.
- After a few minutes have elapsed, take a clean fairly damp cloth and wipe the toothpaste over the pencil marks.
- You have to wipe it in the direction of the pencil marks.
- If there are still pencil marks, you may add toothpaste and repeat the steps until the marks are completely wiped off.
- However, do not put too much toothpaste as it may damage the surface of your walls.
Using a Melamine Foam Eraser
A melamine foam eraser is soft yet abrasive. It is similar to fine sandpaper and can remove stains effectively. It contains tiny air pockets that can remove stains, including pencil marks when wet. Here are the steps on how to use this eraser to get off the pencil marks on walls.
- Wet an area of the melamine foam eraser.
- Rub the melamine eraser on the pencil marks on the wall.
- Follow the direction of the pencil marks from one end to the other end.
- If the melamine foam eraser becomes dirty, you may use the other side of the clean section of the eraser and apply it again in the pencil marks.
- Repeat the process until the pencil marks are erased on the walls.
Another method that erases the pencil marks on your walls is by painting. It means you have to paint over the surface with pencil marks. The paints can cover the pencil marks on the walls. Here’s how:
- Get a paint with the same color as your wall.
- Clean the affected area with sandpaper first before you paint it.
- Then, apply a primer to the affected area with pencil marks. Let it dry.
- Once done, you may apply the paint to the affected area. It will cover the pencil marks on the wall.
Removing the pencil marks on your walls is significant. It will make your walls clean again and neat. At first, it seems difficult to remove these marks.
But, simply follow any of the methods on how to remove pencil marks on walls, and you are good to go. If you have any other ideas on how to erase these pencil marks on walls, you may share them in the comment box below. We surely appreciate them!